Idyllwild RV Resort24400 Canyon Trail Idyllwild, CA 92549
Idyllwild RV Resort24400 Canyon Trail Idyllwild, CA 92549
Nestled at an elevation of more than 7,000 feet, Thousand Trails Idyllwild RV camping grounds is one of the few destinations in Southern California with all four seasons. With close to 300 sites spread over 200 acres, the Idyllwild RV campground in California is a full-service preserve with something for everyone, from basic tent camping to sites for your luxury RV. This tucked away RV campground in the refreshing California pine cove region also has cabins to rent if you prefer not to drive your own rig up the mountain.
Idyllwild RV camping resort offers a wide range of activities and amenities during the summer from mid May to mid September. Our staff is always ready to show you around our RV resort in California's mountain country.
Nature / Hiking Trails
Whether you're planning a retreat for the whole family, a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Idyllwild RV Resort. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience.
OFF SEASON ACTIVITY: We are open year round. However, during our off season from mid September through mid May, the pool area, restaurant, store and fishing are closed. Also, there are no scheduled activities during this time.
We currently offer the following activities:
- Children's Playground
- Volleyball Court (bring equipment)
- Ping Pong
- Video Games at the Lodge
- Horseshoes (bring equipment)
- Shuffleboard (bring equipment)
- Play in the snow (watch weather for snow accumulation)
- Impromptu activities (dependent on park occupancy)
- Pool - limited hours and occupancy
- Fish Pond
- Basketball Court (bring equipment)
- Safe Distance Activities
California COVID-19 Restrictions
Our campground is open and ready to welcome you! As you make your reservation, please review California’s COVID-19 Restrictions, which include recommendations for travel to and within the state. Additionally, if you plan to stay less than 14 days you are required to sign a waiver prior to check-in. If you do not meet the criteria outlined in the waiver, you can still enjoy your stay with us by simply extending your stay to meet the 14-day requirement. Note, all customers entering California from another state should consider the 14-day quarantine requirement outlined in California’s COVID-19 Restrictions.
General Policies & Information:
- RV Site Check-out: 12 noon
- RV Site Check-in: 12 noon
- Rental Check-in: 4 p.m.
- Rental Check-out: 11 a.m.
- Upon check-in you may be asked to provide a valid ID, and a certificate of insurance and registration for your camper. Members should also have their membership card on hand.
- Guests aged 12 years old and under at the time of check in are considered children.
- A completed Reservations for Minors form is required for all unaccompanied minors. To download the form, copy and paste this link into your browser: http://www.rvonthego.com/images/PDF/Reservations-For-Minors061917.pdf.
- Pets are allowed.
- The rates displayed do not include any applicable service fees or charges for optional incidentals.
- Prices and site type are subject to availability.
- If I used a credit card for a deposit, guarantee or payment, I authorize MHC Property Management L.P. to charge any expenses incurred during my stay to that credit card or apply funds you have on deposit with us against what I owe.
After Hours Check-in:
The last check in for RVs and tents is at 10 p.m. (no exceptions). We encourage you to make every effort to arrive before this time. If you do arrive late, call the phone number posted at the Ranger Station for after hours check-in assistance (it may take up to 30 minutes for the on-call Ranger to arrive).
Winter Office Hours:
- Sunday thru Wednesday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Thursday thru Saturday 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Summer Office Hours
- Monday thru Wednesday 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Thursday thru Sunday 7 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Friday & Saturday 7 a.m. - 12 midnight
- Off Season Activity: We are open year round. However, during our off season from mid September through mid May, the pool area, restaurant, store and fishing are closed. There are also no scheduled activities during this time period.
- When bringing an RV, we recommend coming prepared with leveling blocks as some sites may be unleveled.
- There are limited sewer sites available. Sites are first come, first served.
- We cannot accept motor homes or any vehicle more than 40 feet long.
- Daily maid service is not provided.
- Wood fires are NEVER allowed at Idyllwild. We do allow propane and charcoal grills (charcoal briquettes only) and propane fire pits. NEVER leave a fire unattended.
- Complimentary WiFi hotspots located at the pool area and lodge. Additional WiFi hotspots in select areas available from Jabba Communications for a fee.
Reservation & Payment Policies:
- Your credit card will be charged one night rack rate prior to arrival.
- Balance due on reservation start date.
Cancellation and Refund Policies:
- If a RV/Tent site reservation is cancelled at least 2 days prior to arrival, an administrative fee of $25 will be charged prior to refunding any advance deposit. Otherwise the one night deposit will be forfeited.
- If a rental reservation is cancelled at least 7 days prior to arrival, an administrative fee of $25 will be charged prior to refunding any advance deposit.
- Rental reservations that are cancelled within 7 days of arrival are not eligible to receive a refund.
- In the case of multiple sites booked, cancellation penalties apply to each site that is cancelled or changed.
- No refunds will be issued for early check out.