Lake George Escape Campground175 East Schroon River Rd Lake George, NY 12824
Lake George Escape Campground175 East Schroon River Rd Lake George, NY 12824
Excitement and adventure await you at Lake George Escape, a 178-acre resort full of plush woods meadows and direct access to the Schroon River. Surrounded by the six million acre Adirondack Park, you'll find an ideal camping getaway. Visitors come back year after year to enjoy tubing, swimming in one of two beautiful pools, tennis courts, a playground, fishing, river swimming, and a full recreational and social activities calendar. For added excitement, rent one of our outfitted canoes or kayaks and enjoy a scenic trip on the river.
We are conveniently located just off of I-87 and close to local attractions such as the Village of Lake George, Six Flags, Saratoga Springs and more. With so much to do, we doubt you will ever want to leave.
Our RV sites range from easy access clusters to pull-thrus and back-ins. Whatever you need, we can accommodate. Choose from sunbathed, waterfront and wooded sites! Each site includes water, electricity, a picnic table and fire pit. If you don't have an RV, you don't have to miss out on the fun. Pitch a tent or grab some friends and vacation in one of our cozy cabins!
For the best camping around, visit us at Lake George Escape!
Creek / Lake / Canal / River or Ocean Frontage
Location get directions | download resort map
Whether you're planning a retreat for the whole family, a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Lake George Escape Campground. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience.
During our off-season, we offer limited activities on weekdays. After Labor Day, there are few weekday events here at Lake George Escape. We have our fun events on the weekend.
*Requires small fee
We currently offer the following activities:
- Activities Center with Coordinator
- Bingo/Card Playing
- Children's Programs*
- Kids Activities
- Mini Golf
- Stream Fishing
- Arts & Crafts
- Card Room
- Live Entertainment
- Wagon Rides
- 2 Pools - Adult and Kiddy Pool (Heated)
- Large Dog Park
- 19 Foot Water slide
- Fun Bounce House Inflatable
- Sip and Paint Classes
- Life-size Game Boards – Jenna, Connect 4 & Foosball
- In Season DJ Nightly & Live Entertainment
- Shuffle Board Courts
- Planned Activities – Daily & Weekly
- Daily Dodge Ball
- Tubing Down the River*
- Free Shuttle to Lake George
- Kayaks & Canoes*
- Pedal Carts*
- Fossil Hunting & Gem Mining*
- Build A Buddy*
- Color time Crafts*
Our cancellation policies have been temporarily updated due to COVID-19. Please click here to review our current policies.
COVID-19 Liability Disclaimer
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious.
This property has put in place enhanced health and safety measures intended to reduce the spread of COVID-19. You must adhere to all property rules, as well as all health advisories issued by relevant governmental and health authorities, relating to COVID-19 social distancing and hygiene practices during your stay with us.
However, there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place and there is no guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19.
By your entry upon the property, you voluntarily assume, on behalf of yourself and any minors in your custody, all risks related to the exposure of COVID-19, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after entry upon the property. Neither the property nor any of its affiliates shall be responsible for any exposure to COVID-19.
Let’s keep our community safe and healthy.
- Rental check-in: After 4 p.m.
- Campsite check-in: After 1 p.m.
- Check-out: Before 11 a.m.
- Minimum check-in age is 21 years.
- Guests under 16 years at the time of check-in are considered children.
Pets are welcome. (Limit 2 dogs per site) New York State requires all pets over four months of age to be licensed. To obtain this license, owners must provide proof of current rabies vaccination as well as proof of the being spayed or neutered (only if applicable). Please be prepared to provide proof of vacination or valid NYS pet license on arrival. All pets must be kept on a leash, cleaned up after, not left unattended, and must not infringe on the peace & enjoyment of your neighbor’s camping experience. By law pets are not allowed in public buildings; including food service areas, pool or beach area. This does not include service animals.
A pet fee of $50. per pet / per stay is charged when renting a cabin.
- Pets are welcomed. Vaccination records are required upon check-in. There is a $50 per pet/per stay pet fee for our pet friendly rentals.
Reservation & Payment Policy
- Your credit card will be charged Itinerary Total prior to arrival, up to a maximum deposit of one night rack rate. Any remaining balance is due prior to arrival.
- Prices and site type are subject to availability.
- The rates displayed do not include any applicable service fees or charges for optional incidentals.
- By using a credit card for a deposit, guarantee or payment, you agree to the following: if I used a credit card for a deposit, guarantee or payment, I authorize MHC Property Management L.P. to charge any expenses incurred during my stay to that credit card or apply funds you have on deposit with MHC Property Management L.P. against what I owe.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- In the case of multiple sites booked, cancellation penalties apply toe each site that is cancelled or changed.
- No refunds will be issued for early check-out.
- RV campsites: We allow full refunds for cancellations up to 2 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Rental accommodations: We allow full refunds for cancellations 7 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Daily and weekly reservations: For cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, your deposit will be forfeited up to one night rack rate.
- Extended stays: For long-term reservations (28 days or longer), we allow full refunds for cancellations up to 60 days prior to your arrival date. For cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, the deposit amount will be held on account for a future stay.
Campground Services & Information
- There is a $75 lost key fee for our rentals.
- All rentals are smoke free. There is a $250 fee for smoking violations.
- Entrance onto the campground property constitutes permission for the management of Lake George Escape in Lake George, New York to photograph the visitor while on the premises and to use any resulting pictures for any lawful purpose without compensation to the visitor.
- All guests/visitors assume all risks and danger incidental to the activity of camping in a rustic outdoor environment including specifically (but not limited to), the danger of being injured by insects or other animals, of being injured while participating in recreational activities, such as hiking, swimming or boating at the Camp-Resort and/or being injured as a result of inclement weather conditions, and agrees that the Camp-Resort and its owners, agents and employees are not liable for injuries or property damage resulting from such risks and danger.
- Visitors/Guests (ages 16 & up) who are staying on sites until 9 p.m. or for day use will be charged $20 per person per day. Overnight guests will be charged $20. No overnight visitors or visitors after 9 pm are allowed unless prearranged with office.
- Fri 86°
- Sat 73°
- Sun 68°
- Mon 70°
- Tue 57°
Nearby RV Resorts
- Alpine Lake Corinth, NY
- Lake George Schroon Valley Warrensburg, NY