Thousand Trails Oakzanita Springs11053 Highway 79, Descanso, CA 91916
Thousand Trails Oakzanita Springs11053 Highway 79, Descanso, CA 91916
If you want to experience all four seasons, then Oakzanita Springs RV Campground is the perfect getaway. Our RV campground is set at a 4000' elevation in the California mountains, and can bring a wide range of weather conditions from the fall through the winter months. During that time, our RV camp in California operates a limited season. The pools, activities and weekend breakfasts are hibernating, and store hours are limited. All other Oakzanita Springs facilities, campsites, spa, and RV camping amenities remain open.
In the summer, Oakzanita Springs RV Campground has a perfect climate of warm days and comfortable nights. Relax and enjoy our weekend activities at our RV camp in California's beautiful mountain region. If you enjoy fishing, Cuyamaca Lake is just 15 minutes away or you can hike the Cuyamaca State Park trails starting right off our property. To make your visit a safe and enjoyable one, remember that only pressed logs and charcoal fires are allowed during the summer and fall months due to high fire danger. No wood fires are allowed except under wet conditions. Please make sure anyone under the age of 18 remembers their bicycle helmets for bikes and scooters. Due to the terrain, no skateboards are allowed.
Clean restrooms, a comfortable lodge area, and free WiFi access round out the first-class service you'll find at Oakzanita Springs. Our RV camping areas are a bit remote, but you can get Verizon and Sprint cell service at the RV campground. And even though we may be in the California mountains, we have a small camp store with basic camping supplies, novelties, and ice. Best of all, Oakzanita Springs is just a short, 45-minute drive from all of San Diego's wonderful attractions.
Driving Through Oakzanita Springs
Oakzanita Springs RV Campground is a tighter park through which to maneuver. Depending on the experience of the driver and the occupancy of the park, drivers of larger rigs may have issues driving through the park. If bringing any RV over 32', we recommend you call the ranger station at (619) 445-2515 or visit Oakzanita Springs prior to arrival.
Location get directions | download resort map
Whether you're planning a retreat for the whole family, a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Oakzanita Springs RV Campground. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience.
We currently offer the following activities:
- Activities Director
- Bocci Ball
- Children's Playground
- Kids Activities
- Mini Golf
- Weekly Potlucks
- Arts & Crafts
- Card Room
- Children's Program
- Planned Activities
Our cancellation policies have been temporarily updated due to COVID-19. Please click here to review our current policies.
COVID-19 Liability Disclaimer
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious.
This property has put in place enhanced health and safety measures intended to reduce the spread of COVID-19. You must adhere to all property rules, as well as all health advisories issued by relevant governmental and health authorities, relating to COVID-19 social distancing and hygiene practices during your stay with us.
However, there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place and there is no guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19.
By your entry upon the property, you voluntarily assume, on behalf of yourself and any minors in your custody, all risks related to the exposure of COVID-19, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after entry upon the property. Neither the property nor any of its affiliates shall be responsible for any exposure to COVID-19.
Let’s keep our community safe and healthy.
General Policies & Information
Policies subject to change without notice.
Check-in/Check-out & Hours
- Ranger station hours daily 9 a.m.- 9 p.m.
- Campsite Check-in: 9 a.m.- 9 p.m.
- Campsite Check-out: 12 noon
- Rental Check-in: 4 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Rental Check-out: 11 a.m.
- RV must be present at check-in including on-line check-ins to occupy a site.
- Upon check-in you may be asked to provide a valid ID, and a certificate of insurance and registration for your camper. Members should also have their membership card on hand.
- A completed Reservations for Minors form is required for all unaccompanied minors. To download the form, copy and paste this link into your browser: http://www.rvonthego.com/images/PDF/Reservations-For-Minors061917.pdf.
After Hours Arrival
- Late arrivals after 9 p.m. must park in the parking area next to the ranger station until the following morning. If you expect to arrive late, please call the ranger station at (619) 445-2515 to discuss your late arrival options.
Reservations & Payments
- Your credit card will be charged Itinerary Total prior to arrival, up to a maximum deposit of one night rack rate. Any remaining balance is due prior to arrival.
- Prices and site type are subject to availability.
- The rates displayed do not include any applicable service fees or charges for optional incidentals.
Cancellations & Refunds
- In the case of multiple sites booked, cancellation penalties apply to each site that is cancelled or changed.
- No refunds will be issued for early check-out.
- RV campsites: We allow full refunds for cancellations up to 2 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Rental accommodations: We allow full refunds for cancellations 7 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Daily and weekly reservations: for cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, your deposit will be forfeited up to one night rack rate.
- Extended stays: For long-term reservations (28 days or longer), we allow full refunds for cancellations up to 60 days prior to your arrival date. For cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, the deposit amount will be held on account for a future stay.
- Pets are allowed.
Campground Services & Information
- All arrivals must present a valid driver’s license, photo ID, insurance (both RV and tow vehicle), and registration. All vehicles must be in good operating condition. If any of these are not current or the vehicle is not in good operating condition you will be denied entry to the property.
- Our entrance from the south to the north is a very sharp turn. We do not advise that large RVs use our campground entrance when coming from the south on Highway 79 (northbound from I-8). Entering the campground from that direction will cause drivers to make a very sharp right turn on a limited visibility curve. Instead, we advise northbound drivers of larger RVs, rigs with tow vehicles or rigs with a limited turning radius to continue north approximately two miles past our entrance to the large paved rest area on the right (i.e. entrance to Harvey Moore Trail/East Side Trail Loop for Cuyamaca Rancho State Park). Use the large paved rest area to make a u-turn and head back south on Highway 79 for a straight entry to the campground.
- Please be aware that when the campground is busy, drivers of larger rigs may have challenges finding a site.
- Driving through Oakzanita Springs, especially during weekends and holidays, can be a challenge for RVs over 32' and novice drivers. For first time visitors, we recommend that you visit us prior to your stay. If you are unable to make a visit prior to your stay, please feel free to contact the ranger station at (619) 445-2515 for questions or additional information.
- All campsites, building, restrooms, and laundry facility remain open year-round. The store is open Thursday through Sunday only. The pools are closed for season; however, the spa remains open year round.
- Keep in mind temperatures dip down most nights to freezing so be prepared for colder temps! Day time temps usually are between the low 50s and low 60s with occasional snow from November through April.
- Pressed logs and charcoal fires are permitted most of the year. Wood fires are allowed under low fire conditions only and conditions change daily. Call ahead to see if wood fires are being allowed.
- We have free WiFi available in our lodge. You will have cell phone service if your carrier is Sprint or Verizon.
- Our location is just 45 minutes from downtown. Perfect for San Diego residents! If you a San Diego visitor, we are just 45 minutes from all the great attractions San Diego has to offer! If you enjoy fishing, Cuyamaca Lake is 15 minutes away. You can hike the Cuyamaca state park trails which are endless and start right off our property.
- We have many great programs to offer fitting everyone's needs! Annual sites, monthly extended stay, guest camping, rally groups, and horse campsites are all available at Oakzanita. For more information, call (619) 609-1927.
- No wood fires are allowed. There can be 2 pressed logs (dura-flame style), charcoal, or propane. No open flames are allowed during critical fire danger days.
- All our RV campsites include water and electric. There are a limited number that also include sewer. As a result, sewer sites are first come, first served and are not guaranteed with your reservation.